Fletcher Bros Ltd

Date established
Date closed
Fretcher Bros Est: 1911-1919
1908 James Fletcher arrived in Dunedin in October
1909 James Fletcher was employed by Crawford & Watson for six months & a short period in the joinery factory of Thompson Bridges
1909 James Fletcher and a partner Albert (Bert) Morris started a business in Dunedin building private houses (Fletcher & Morris). [letterhead held in FC Archives )

1911 the partnership secured their first major job, the St Kilda Town Hall and shortly afterwards the Ross Chapel at Knox College. James's brother William became a partner in the company which became Fletcher Brothers and Morris Ltd.

1912 Morris had withdrawn from the business and Fletcher Bros was formed.

The company expanded into Invercargill and as far north as Auckland, with major contracts including the Auckland City Markets, and in Wellington the Farmers Dominion Institute building in 1917.

1915 The firm was incorporated as a private liability company.

1919 a third brother, Andrew, joined and the name was changed to The Fletcher Construction Company.

Creating agency for: